Monday, June 26, 2006

What a Weekend!!

The Grand Opening weekend at Pet Smart was great!! Atlanta and Atlantis, Otto, Penny and Aquila went home. Groucho's adoption application was approved and he should be going home very soon. Barb A brought three dogs (Sheeba, Marlo and Corky) on Saturday and they were a smashing success! All three received adoption applications. Marlo went home on Sunday. I met so many nice people. So many more people are becoming aware of the County Shelter and the animals we have through this partnership with Pet Smart. I also got five more volunteer applications.

Special thanks to all those who helped this weekend...Barb, Vilma, Joanne, Jen L, Lauren, Jen R and Pat. Please forgive me if I forgot anyone. Also, apparently I overbooked the Sunday cleaning - sorry guys!!

Please continue to let me know how the cleanings are going. Do not hesitate to ask Pet Smart managers and employees for help if you do not know where something is or where to put things. They are all very supportive of this project and want to do all they can to help. In addition my phone numbers and the Shelter number is posted in the adoption room. Call if you need anything.