Monday, March 12, 2007

Great Job While I Was Gone!!

Thank you all very much for doing such a wonderful job while I was away! It certainly helps me enjoy a vacation when I know things are well taken care of at home! Special thanks to Jenny G and Mom for being my "go to" girls and to Barb A for keeping in touch with the Shelter.

So, here's the latest...Estralita went home on Saturday. I am sure that Taye will miss her terribly. Freckles joined Taye in the big cage to help him adjust. The two are getting along very well. However, there is a chance that Taye will again be looking for a roommate - Freckles got another hold on Saturday. Incidentally, the man who put the first hold on Freckles last week decided on another cat, Stitch, when he went to the Shelter with paperwork.

Iris has received a couple of holds as most of you know. The first applicant did not return calls from the Shelter and the second applicant is being processed. The second application looks good so let's hope it works out for Iris. I can not get over how good she looks since the surgery to remove her eye. She is such a sweetheart and deserves a nice home!

The March schedule is complete with the exception of the evening cleaning on Friday, March 23. Please let me know if you are available. The April schedule also looks great. Please take a look at it and let me know if you can do any of the available slots.

While in San Pedro on Ambergris Caye in Belize my husband and I visited the local animal shelter to say hi and make a donation. We also bought t-shirts! It was nice to talk to people so far away who are doing the same work with the same compassion that we are doing here in the USA. They do TNR, Pet of the Week, low cost spay/neuter - the whole deal. People really aren't so different no matter where you go!!