Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Since I've Been Gone...

Wow! Everyone did great in my absence! As I said before...you guys don't need me! Hazel and Sugar went home on Saturday and Scout went home on Sunday. Hobo is doing well and will be joining Sugar in a few days. Arrangements are being made for new guys to come to PetSmart on Friday.

Shorty got a hold on Sunday and the application is at the Shelter being processed. I will keep you posted on how that goes.

I have gotten several reports that Clairy may have an issue with one of her eyes. The Shelter is aware of this and someone will be down to look at it and get her to a vet if necessary. Remember, if you see something that looks like it needs to be brought to the attention of a vet tech call the Shelter during normal business hours seven days a week. Note in the book what you observe and that the Shelter is notified. If you see it in the evening send me an e-mail and I will call the Shelter in the morning.

Larissa's mom has been kind enough to custom make fleece blankets for the cages. They will be put in for the first time this week. I think the cats will appreciate the comfort! As you know I am concerned about how a soiled blanket will look and smell. I am going to see if soiled ones awaiting cleaning can be kept in a container in the back storeroom. Several volunteers have said they will take the blankets home for washing as needed. How I will miss cutting that brown paper!!

The January schedule looks great! The only coverage needed is for the adoption table on Sunday, January 20.

Special thanks to Tracey who jumped in for me on the adoption table at the last minute when I got stuck in Atlanta!!