Sunday, February 10, 2008

Good App For Marigold!!

Good bye, Lena! She went home last Wednesday night. Apparently she went wild her last day at PetSmart. When Larissa arrived to open the adoption table Lena was free and running around the room! Gotta watch some of these smarter cats. They are figuring out how to open those cage doors!!

I took the BEST hold on Marigold today! I am so excited! A woman came in and told me she had completed an application and put a hold on Marigold on Friday, February 1 and had been patiently waiting for the Shelter to contact her. Every day since she has returned to PetSmart to see Marigold. Finally she called the Shelter and learned that her application had never reached there. I still do not know who took the application and where it is. Apparently it was a PetSmart manager. I am trying to track it down. She also told me she had yet to actually meet the cat. So, I took her in to meet Princess Marigold. I explained that she could be tempermental and the applicant answered, "Of course she can! That's exactly what I would expect!" I opened the cage and coaxed Marigold out. I closed the door to the cage area and sat on the floor of the adoption room. Marigold walked about like she was a show cat and then proceeded to sit right in my lap! The applicant and her daughter were totally enthralled and kept remarking on how beautiful she is. I explained that Marigold will let you know when she has had enough attention and wants to be left alone. When it came time to put her back in the cage she carried on as usual and the woman said, "I wouldn't want to be put in that cage either!" She absolutely loves Marigold despite her Marigold ways! It was great! Should this adoption be approved Marigold will be the only pet in the household. It appears to be a match made in heaven! She even had her rental lease with her. I am taking all the paperwork to the Shelter tomorrow.

I introduced another woman to Lavender and Bettina. She decided she loved Lavender and completed all the paperwork. She left to go to a nearby ATM to get the hold money and never came back! In the meantime another family wanted to put a hold on Lavender but decided not to as they saw this woman had already completed an application for her. I tried to talk them into completing the application anyway but they thought it was useless. They decided to go to the Shelter. What a shame! Poor Lavender! Maybe the first applicant will return. She seemed sincere. Maybe something happened. Just in case she does return I left all the completed paperwork in a folder and put it on the bottom shelf of the adoption cart.

There are new coupons now to give when the cats go home. PetSmart replaced the booklet with a single sheet of paper that has three coupons on it. These papers are on the bottom shelf of the adoption cart.

Remember Napolean, the big tuxedo guy? He was adopted in early 2007. His mom is Melissa, one of the managers at PetSmart. It seems old Napolean weighs 22 pounds and is doing quite well!

Please look ahead to March and let me know if you can do any of the available shifts.