Saturday, November 01, 2008

Good luck, Trina! Good bye, Gin & Tonic!

Gin & Tonic and Trina left Wednesday night as scheduled. Trina is not going to know what to do with herself after living in a cage for eleven months. Her little legs are going to get quite the workout jumping and running! Lotus will be leaving today. She is so cute! I love the way she sits and lets her front legs hang straight down. Poor Dandy! I am sure he wonders where everyone is going.

So, I brought a truck load of cats to the store yesterday - six, to be exact. They are all very nice and you are going to love each and every one.

Mike and Ike are litter mates who came into the Shelter in July at about eight weeks old. They were very weak and sick. They were well taken care of and are healthy and strong now. I put them in the big cage with Lotus who welcomed them with open paws! Once she goes I am hoping that someone will see the two together and not want to separate them. Mike is the buff colored of the two and his picture is below. Ike is orange and I do not have a picture. They are really cute. Don't be alarmed if one or the other gives you a hiss when you meet. They are just a tad scared but are sweet. After a few days that should stop. To remember which is which just think of "Buff Mike" and it makes it easy!

Sawyer is one of what the Shelter referred to as "the Woodbine cats." They came into the Shelter over a year ago as a result of a cruelty/neglect case. Needless to say he has had a tough life. He is not very big and is sweet and really cute. He is not a "lap cat" however he does enjoy sitting next to you and being petted and brushed. He needs our attention! He has alot of white on him and the Shelter uses newspaper to line cages and the newsprint actually comes off on the cats' fur. He is a handsome guy and will look even better as that print wears off.

Shannon (also no picture) is an orange female about two or three years old. She is very vocal and very nice! As soon as you get to her cage she is up and talking to you! She was found by a compassionate soul living outside skinny and dirty. She was taken to a vet who made sure she was healthy. She was then vaccinated and spayed. Unfortunately this person could not keep her but did not want to merely leave her on the street. She was brought to the Shelter and she is going to make someone a great companion!

Zannie (also no picture) is huge fat cat! She is mostly white and gray and is six years old. She was brought to the Shelter by her owner who was moving and couldn't take her. I am so sad for the poors guys who find themselves living in a cage after being in a home for years. What must they think? How scared they must be! This poor girl needs to get back into a home. I gave her two cages and a big litter box. She will not do well in a home with small children.

Number six is a sweet little brown and gray tabby named Toots who has the big polydactal paws! I left them in the picture so you can see. She is probably the most shy of the group but by the time I left I could see she was getting better. I love those big paws!

As usual I left all the new arrivals in cages alone with the doors closed. Zannie will always have to have access to a big litter box. I think everyone will settle in with each other without a problem and we can open doors and give them room to move and socialize. I put Dandy in with Purrty and Tabs as I know all three get along with other cats.

I spoke with Aurora's neighbor yesterday who told me she is happily running around her new home and doing well with the resident cats there. Also, I was told that Crescent settled in fine after one day of hiding.

I have filled some of the days in November mentioned in the previous update and also had a cancellation. This is what still needs to be filled: Friday, November 7 (PM) and Friday, November 28 (AM). Let me know!!

Here's Toots, Sawyer and Mike......