Monday, September 07, 2009

Siam Is One Happy Cat!!!

What a weekend... Siam went to his forever home on Saturday as scheduled! OMG!! How exciting! Leona said he jumped into his carrier and was ready to go. I am sure he was! Penny left on Saturday also and was carried away by a very excited family. Bart already got a hold! The application is at the Shelter and I will be reviewing it tomorrow.

Two females arrived at the store on Sunday. Sprinkles is very pretty and loving with beautiful colors and markings. She likes people but ain't all that crazy about other cats! Please keep this in mind and give her some space. She is an amusing cat. At the Shelter she has been very vocal - having full fledged conversations with me!

Heart is a cute little black and white cat. She got her name from a marking on her paw that looks like a heart. She is very sweet.

A new volunteer trained today...welcome Frances!! Thank you, Joanne, for doing the training!

The adoption event scheduled for this weekend is falling into place. If you would like to help at any time during the three day event please check the calendar and let me know what hours you can do. I will send out an e-mail to all involved Wednesday evening.

The October schedule looks great!!!! You guys are awesome! There is only three openings at this point...please let me know if you can cover any of the dates.

It is my understanding that when we need to replenish litter and/or food we are to let the manager know and he/she will remove the item from the shelf for us and then be given the UPC code. I do not know that this has changed. Has anything else been happening?? If so, please let me know. There is several assistant managers which can result in confusion. I can place a call to the store manager and verify the procedure if necessary.

The two new girls.....