Thursday, January 21, 2010

Good Bye Izzy Man!!!!

Yay for Izzy!! He was picked up last night and is finally in a forever home! I can't believe I do not have a picture of him. For his bon voyage picture I used one my favorite old pics...this is how I imagine him tonight anyway!

Joey took Izzy's place. He is a cool guy...all white with a smudge of gray on the top of his head. He is very friendly and good with kids, other cats and dogs. He was brought in along with two house mates because their owner was having heath issues. I think he will settle in quickly. Meet Joey...

I will be planning the adoption event for Friday - Sunday, February 12-14 in the next couple of weeks. I am hoping to get at least two dog handlers for Saturday and Sunday in addition to a volunteer for the adoption table. I put the hours of the event on the calendar. As soon as you know you can commit please send me an e-mail. I know it is a holiday weekend so I fear many of you have plans but I hope not all of you do!

The following dates are still open in February - not including the adoption weekend:
Sunday, Feb 7, Adoption Table

Friday, Feb 12, AM cleaning

Friday, Feb 26, AM cleaning

Sunday, Feb 28, Adoption Table

As you are aware Spring brings kitten season. At the Shelter we are preparing early for the inevitable influx of many many kittens. If you are interested in fostering kittens for the Shelter please let me know.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE encourage people to spay and neuter their cats. While at PetSmart we encounter many people and we need to get this word out!! If anyone needs information on low cost spay/neuter please send them to the link on the right of this page: Animal Alliance of Cape May County. Commit the phone number to memory...it's easy...465-NEUT...short for neuter! Every Thursday they have a spay/neuter clinic right next to the Shelter at the end of Moore Road in the Crest Haven complex. They make it easy for people to do the responsible thing!!