Thursday, November 04, 2010

Sixty Goes Home & Sky Comes Back

Sixty went home last night. We all knew he wouldn't last long! He will be living with another cat and a Golden Retriever. Poor Mayhem will have to live without him.

Sky came back today. She is doing great! She is bunking with Mayhem and Doug on the top floor. Marilyn and Brandi are sharing cages on the bottom floor. The woman who put a hold on Marilyn picked two other cats at the Shelter and canceled the hold on Marilyn. We were so excited as she chose two five year old cats that were surrendered together. Unfortunately due to an illness in the family she had to withdraw the application completely.

Here's some GREAT news....Sheba was adopted from the Shelter!

I have received e-mails about Doug sneezing. I cleaned this morning and kept an eye on him and he wasn't sneezing. Let me know if you see it again. Also, just a reminder... When you observe something you think needs medical attention e-mail the shelter at animalshelter@cmcsheriff.net and Cc me. Put Attn: PetSmart Medical in the subject line. Each morning and throughout the day the e-mail is checked at the Shelter and your message will be forwarded to the medical staff. In the event the e-mail is not being checked due to a holiday or sick day I will be aware of that and will see that the message gets where it needs to be. Please do not text me or only e-mail me. Also, between the hours of 8a-4pm you can call the Shelter as well.

Doogie, a long haired black male cat, arrived today. He is a nice cat and gets along with other cats, dogs and kids. He is on the lower level in a cage by himself. I think he will settle in just fine and after a day or two we can open the door and he can hang with Marilyn and Brandi. The guys seem so comfortable and happy when three share four cages with one cage being the "bathroom!"

I have two openings left this month and both are Thursday mornings...November 11 and November 18. Also, let me know if you are available to help with dogs for the adoption event at PetSmart on Saturday and Sunday, November 13 & 14.

I will be doing the schedule for 2011 that includes the regulars. Please let me know if you want to change anything.