Tuesday, September 19, 2006

New Director, New Arrivals & While I Am Away

Wait til you see our new arrivals!! Janet K will be bringing the following six kitties to Pet Smart on Wednesday: Hobbs, Pepper, Silvia, Major, Pierce, and Ginger (yeah! Ginger is coming back all nice and healthy and ready to go home!). We sure will have a full house!

I spoke with the new Shelter Director and nothing will be changing at Pet Smart. I will continue to contact him when a cat gets a hold. He will stop in and pick up the paperwork and arrange through me to have the cat picked up at the store. Thank God!! We are all getting good at this and a change could slow us down!

Seven people attended the volunteer orientation I held at the Shelter on Thursday, September 14. Help is on the way!

Just a reminder...I will be away from Friday, September 22 - Sunday, October 8. I will be home for one day (Tuesday, October 3) and will check in with the Shelter. Should you have any issues at Pet Smart during my absence contact the Shelter and ask for Linda (vet tech). If you think a cat needs medical attention contact her - do not leave a note as she will not be going there. Should you take a hold on a cat contact her as well. She will contact the Director. She will be handling any emergency scheduling that takes place as well. The Shelter number is on the wall at Pet Smart (465-8923). I hope that is everything!! I just may send out one last update before I go!!

Thanks for everything! I know I am leaving the program in good, compassionate, feline-loving hands!!